Sunday, February 6, 2011

Recipe Five: Mos Eisley Morsels

This weeks recipe was Mos Eisley Morsels, a variation of banana bread. Apparentley, when stacked properly, you can get the Mos Eisley Space Port.
 This wasn't exactly a difficult recipe but, due to the extensive amount of ingredients, I rate it at Jedi Knight level.
Here are the ingredients.
 I know it doesn't look like much, but it was the most I have had to use so far. There was ALOT of measuring. This is one of the reasons I prefer cooking to baking. You don't have to be precise with cooking. Okay, enough whining, back to the recipe.

After measuring out all of the ingredients, grease a small baking dish with butter
Then  sift all of the dry ingredients,
into a large bowl.
Peel three bananas and place them in another bowl.
Take up your masher and destroy the bananas! Only then will your path to the Mos Eisley Morsels be complete!
Reminds me of Alderaan, except, more... mushy.
After your destruction, add the wet ingredients to your dead bananas,
and mix.

Add the wet and dry ingredients
and FOLD!
And pour, then flatten

Bake.

There it is!

Luke is going to be crushed!!

The final product!

Now for the review.  Not a bad recipe, easy to follow, BUT, it didn't taste good. The bread was dry and pretty flavorless. I think it needed butter and sugar. Overall impression: not good.
I give this recipe:
 a solitary lightsaber.
 My worst rating yet for, basically, the worst recipe I have had to make. Perhaps it will be better next week.
With this post, I have now finished the breakfast section of my Star Wars Cookbook. Next weeks recipe is Hoth Chocolate, the first in the Drinks section.
Until next time, May the Force be with you

1 comment:

  1. AS we were making the recipe, I realized that there was no sugar and almost no fat and I knew it would not be good but we decided to try it anyhow. My kids did like the twin sun toast though

    ReplyDelete